When you face a medical emergency it is not just about emotional support, but also financial assistance. When you’re surrounded by loved ones to lift the spirits of your loved ones, you require someone who can take care of the medical bills too. Health insurance can help. Therefore, it is advisable to understand the various kinds of health insurance plans that are available in India.
- 1. Individual health insurance policies: The most popular kind of health insurance policy in India. It is only for the individual. It will cover the medical expenses in the event you are admitted to an institution. The cost in these cases will depend on individual factors like your medical history, age as well as other factors.
- 2. Family floating Insurance plans it is implied by the word this kind of health insurance policy covers the whole family. It’s like one for individuals, but the amount insured in this instance is typically greater and shared among all family members. One of the primary advantages of an insurance policy is that you do not have to be managing multiple policies. Additionally, these policies are more affordable than purchasing an individual insurance policy for every member.
- 3. Senior citizen’s insurance policies: These health insurance policies are specifically designed for those who typically are over 60 years old. Because older people are more likely to submit an insurance claim, the amount that is due is greater in these instances. Additionally, many insurers do not require a medical screening or exclude diseases that are pre-existing prior to giving senior citizens insurance since older age is usually associated with health problems.
- 4. Critical illnesses insurance policies: A critical illness insurance policy covers serious diseases like heart attacks, kidney diseases cancer, paralysis, etc. In these cases, the insured receives a lump sum amount upon diagnosis of the illness. In contrast to individual policies, no hospitalization is required to claim the funds. This type of plan is recommended for those with a history of diseases in their families.
- 5. Personal Accident insurance policies: Accidents are common and the cost they create could drain your savings to the limit. Personal accident insurance will cover the costs of medical treatment required following an accident. Most often, a personal accident insurance policy will cover three types of situations: partial disability, total disability as well as death due to an ac
- 6. Maternity Insurance plans these plans are specifically designed for women. insurance plans for women. They cover post-natal and prenatal expenses, in addition to ambulance and delivery costs. Baby insurance is offered where the costs for the newborn baby are covered for up to a specific time. Most maternity insurance plans have the requirement of waiting for a certain period before they can be activated. It is therefore advisable to get a plan when you get married. It is also possible to use them as an addition to existing insurance.
- 7. Unit Linked Insurance plans: Unit Linked Insurance Plans or ULIPs are insurance plans that double as investment options. When you pay for the cost of the premium, a small portion of it will be used in covering the plan as usual. The rest that is paid for by the insurance company will be put into investments in the form of debt and equity. With ULIPs they not only protect your health, but you also make money in the near future by gaining yields.
- 8.To summarize: Illness can strike anytime and the costs of treatment medications, treatments and other medical expenses can range into thousands. Therefore, purchasing health insurance is one of the initial stages of a person’s financial planning. There are various types and plans for health insurance offered in India. It is important to evaluate your needs and personal requirements before selecting one.