If you are buying a car, then care and maintenance also have to be looked into. A basic accessory of the vehicle is a floor mat. These are placed to keep the car clean and make it easy to remove the unwanted trash that falls in the car swiftly.
A car mat protects the bottom of your automobile against soil and debris that you trail back, as well as foods and beverages that you spill. These are extremely significant in areas where there is a huge storm or heavy snow because the moisture you monitor will encourage the development of pathogenic bacteria in the flooring.
Floor mats or vehicle mats come in various designs, models, and features. The one crucial step the buyer has to make is to choose the right one. Floor mats are of different types.
Types of floor mats:
- Fabric floor mats: Fabric floor mats are perhaps the more widely used and inexpensive sheets. They have a silicone bottom to save them from sliding and are available in many appealing colours, patterns, and designs. Fabric mats are usually sold in standardized dimensions that can suit every vehicle. The cleaning process is simple. Remove the mat and rinse, clean, or vacuum the trash particles and other forms of dust away on a regular schedule.
- Rubber floor mats: Rubber mats are undoubtedly the greatest reliable and long-lasting mats accessible for any vehicle. Rubber mats would not slide and are also protected because they won’t block pedal access. They often use the leathery texture to preserve moisture. Rubber mats suck up water and mud, but they always get muddy quickly and are usually black.
- All-weather vinyl mats: All-weather mats are crafted of sturdy and dense vinyl substance and are much more durable than standard silicone mats. They have elongated margins, ensuring that no water, mud, or trash escapes the surface and has to be vacuumed or dusted. The mats have hooks on the back end that prevent them from slipping and therefore are easily accessible.
- Nomad or curly mats: They are available in various shades and choices, which can be uniquely important to your vehicle. The greatest thing regarding nomad mats is that they quickly absorb and capture water, dirt, and dust and dirt, resulting in minor spills. In addition, when contrasted with the other mats available, nomad mats have an additional need to vacuum them less frequently at your ease.
- 3D mats: 3D mats are the most costly, which come in various colours, including black, beige, and tan, specifically to provide a quality fit and finish to the car’s interior. The mat fits perfectly in the footwell and collects all or most of the mud, sweat, and trash in its loops. However, because it is made of silicone and it must be washed daily.
- Firstly, begin by inspecting the rims and ridges of the floorboard you choose to buy for the vehicle. Consider that a mat or sheet with more prominent edges that form the periphery of a car floor mat is necessary. This creates a dense layer on the vehicle’s surface, holding fluids.
- The floor mat must have a procedure for securing it in position. This keeps the mat from rolling about on the board. It is important that perhaps the vehicle sheet doesn’t rotate around to keep hold of both the brakes and the accelerator.
- It is an intelligent choice to choose thick mats as they are heavy, so they stay in place. They are less prone to breaking and drying.
Top 5 Best Floor Mats for Cars in India | Product Review
A good floor mat in a car may render an appealing look to the car. Below is a list of the top five Best Car Mat Brands in India.
1. Autofurnish Anti-skid Curly Car Floor Mats
The Auto furnish Anti-Skid floor mat is the best choice for someone looking for effective working floor mats. These come in high-quality material that captures grit, filth, and moisture in the inner layers and maintains its cover fresh, preserving the interiors of the automobile secure for an extended period.
- Dimensions: 40 x 50 x 5 cm
- Model: AFFM500271
- Material: Vinyl
- Weight: 1.4 Kilograms
- Vehicle Type: Passenger Car
- Brand: AutoFurnish
- Price: 2990/-
- The mats may be installed effortlessly
- Additional support to the feet
- Extra comfort due to the spongy like mats
- The dirt, dust, and fluids are captured in the inner layers
- Not everyone is convenient with the heel pad
Autofurnish Noodles Car Foot Mats have been designed to outlast longer. They have been popular for their superior efficiency and long-lasting reliability. The pleasure users will receive from such mats is greatly enhanced.
Available in an anti-skid property, these mats render a subtle and cushion-like feel to the feet. The mats can capture dust and dirt particles. The Auto furnish mats are one of the best floor mats in India as they are capable of trapping fluids efficiently in the inner layers.
Each mat piece may be detached and flipped at one’s convenience to discharge contaminants. Hardly anything remains mostly on the upper surface after dirt and spills are collected by the mats.
2. Vocado Rubber Standard Floor Mat
Vocado is a prominent auto accessories retailer, consistently providing some of the most up-to-date auto equipment to accommodate the growing requirements of a diversified client demographic. The brand is known to manufacture the Best Car Mats in India as they are weightless and easy to maintain.
- Dimensions: 10 x 10 x 10 cm
- Model: RUBBER_MAT_BLK4
- Material: Vinyl
- Weight: 400 Grams
- Vehicle Type: Passenger Car
- Brand: Vocado
- Price: 1149/-
- Washable mats
- The edges can be trimmed
- Exceptional design
- Good quality vinyl material
- Freshly laid mats may smell
The Vocado Rubber Standard Floor Mats are extremely lightweight, making them exceptionally effortless to manage, water-resistant, and odourless. These floor pads safeguard the automobile against debris, filth, sand, wetness, and grease and include particular characteristics such as a non – slip coating and clip-able borders.
This rubber mat is a little inexpensive and has more excellent unique characteristics; otherwise, they may undoubtedly appreciate it and consider it perfect. These mats are specially designed and used as an accessory for Maruti Suzuki cars.
3. Auto Sun Car Floor or Foot Mats
Auto Sun is an automobile accessory brand. Autosun’s superior grade Foot Mats are noted for their simple washing and outstanding toughness. These Foot Mats are made from non-jacquard automobile vinyl carpeting, which delivers anti-skid and cushioning properties.
- Dimensions: 48.2 x 27.5 x 9.4 cm
- Model: AS-FOOT-MATS
- Material: Rubber
- Weight: 3 kg 150 g
- Vehicle Type: Passenger Car
- Brand: Auto Sun
- Customizable mats
- Appealing interior appearance
- Great quality of rubber
- Emits rubber smell
- Complex placement
These Auto Sun mats are famous accessories that have been simple to wash and have a remarkable level of ability. It consists of twill pattern automobile standard vinyl carpeting that offers the feet an anti-skid and comfortable experience.
These mats are widely accessible in the retail sector and appear in a variety of pattern colours and styles. These mats complement the flooring of the vehicle and add a nice decorative touch.
These mats are readily washed, trim able for customized fits, as well as come in excellent quality via an appealing appearance.
- Dimensions: 25 x 20 x 5 cm
- Model: ECA-5DT2M-BK1
- Material: Rubber
- Weight: 2.5 Kilograms
- Vehicle Type: Passenger Car, vehicle-specific fit
- Brand: Eagle
- made of great quality material
- fitting and installation of the mat is simple
- not slippery
- No extra effort for maintenance
- These mats are accessible and favoured to specific car models
- The cleaning of the mats might become a bit hard
The Eagle Leatherite 5D Car Floor Mats are available in a five-layer cover not just to cover the vehicle’s floor but also to enhance security aesthetics and pleasure.
The mats are moderately elevated borders that give additional shielding for the interior of the vehicle. The upper surface is constructed of a Thermoplastic Rubber with even a carbon fibre pattern, which allows the user to optimize the car’s look.
The moderately robust XPE foamy innermost wall provides a delightful sensory experience to the feet and is properly water-resistant, non-toxic, and doesn’t give out a bad smell.
5. Elegant Cord Black Carpet Car Mats
Manufactured in India, the company makes trendy goods that provide an attractive appearance to both cars and motorcycles and delivers what is best for the clients. These mats are a perfect pick for someone looking for mats with an elegant appearance and durable mats. These mats are my choice and are extensively recommended.
- Dimensions: 50 x 30 x 5 cm
- Model: Cord-black-XL
- Material: PP, Vinyl
- Weight: 2 Kilograms
- Vehicle Type: Passenger Car
- Brand: Elegant
- Price: 4,060.00
- Elegant finishing
- Anti-slip feature
- No foul smell
- Excellent toughness and endurance
- Easy to clean up and maintenance-free
- Highly specific
The Elegant Cord Black Carpet Car Mats feet matting is composed of OEM-grade polypropylene carpeting, and these mats may be custom-made for a particular vehicle. They assist in maintaining the automobile tidy and safe, as well as offering it a dazzling appearance.
They are composed primarily of a two-layer carpet mat. The top layer is made of luxury polypropylene carpeting that maintains the vehicle neat and tidy from debris, grease, wetness, and filth.
The bottom layer has a unique anti assistance feature that guarantees the matting does not skid and that users have a fantastic journey without any stress and strain.
How have I ranked the products in the list of the Best Floor Mats for Cars in India?
Cars render an elegant touch. The products in the list of the top 5 Best Floor Mats for Cars in India have been made after researching and understanding each important feature in a car floor mat. The mentioned brands are few amongst the best ones. Choose the best and make your car look appealing and attractive.
Care and Maintenance Tips
As a part of caring and maintaining the floor mats, cleaning is imperative. The following are the steps that are involved in cleaning car floor mats.
Step 1: Remove the mats from the car.
The mats are cleaned with water, and the debris, dust, dirt, etc., are all dusted off. So remove the mats from the car so the car’s bottom surface under the mat is not dirtied.
Step 2: Remove the dust and dirt.
The dust particles and fluid leftovers are trapped in the innermost layers of the mat. Beat or whack the mat against the wall or with any strong rod so that the tiniest particles will fall off.
Step 3: Wash with water.
Use a water hose or a pipe under pressure to clean the mat as sometimes if any particles of debris are staying back, it will be cleaned due to the pressure.
Step 4: Use soap
Pour soap to the mat with a towel or sprayer. The filth should indeed be readily removed using soap and warm water, although swabs, sanitizer, and a bicarbonate soda concoction all help.
Step 5: Wash it all with water again.
Now that the mat is filled with soap, wash it all away with the help of a water hose or a pipe.
Step 6: Drying
It is essential to dry the mats. If damp mats are placed in the car, they might emit a pungent smell and sometimes attract insects.
Which type of floor mats is suitable for a car?
Rubber car floor mats are the most recommended type of floor mats. They are comfortable and are easy to clean the dirt away. These mats won’t slip and do not disturb the use of the pedal.
Which car mat is best in India?
The mats from Elegant are the best. They manufacture and customize them based on the client’s requirements. They are maintenance-free and durable. The non-slippery mechanism renders a safe driving experience.
How to choose the best floor mats?
Decide the type of car floor mat you want. Later, ensure that the rims and edges of the mat are elevated for protection, mats can be fitted appropriately and choose mats that are heavy, thick, and sturdy.
What are car mats used for?
The primary purpose of a car floor mat is to protect the interior of the car from dust, debris, filth, fluid spills, etc. Mats also enhance the appearance of the car.
Why do rubber mats smell?
VOCs are responsible for the majority of smells. Such chemicals have indeed been retained in the rubber, but once the mats are subjected to the atmosphere and allowed to settle, the emission of VOCs will diminish, and the stench will diminish.